January 21, 2013 § Leave a comment
REVELA. II International Photography Award for the Social Rights Holders
1. Objectives of the competition
The objective of the competition is to provide financial support to social intervention projects selected from the photographic portfolio.
2. The category of this competition is
Professional or amateur photographers or photography groups, except anyone related to TASC (the company managing the competition) including staff, collaborators, teachers, residents and relatives.
4. Theme area
5. Characteristics of the photographic projects and the social intervention projects
The project that will be presented could have any extension, format and photographic technique in the final version.
The social intervention project will be based on the group shown in the photography and the prize will be managed by the association, NGO, foundation or social organization indicated in the project.
6. The presentation dossier
The presentation dossier will be made from the data and files included in the downloadable form from this website, including:
ABOUT THE PROJECT
- Author or group of author’s personal details (name, address, telephone number and email address)
- Project title
- Paragraph defining the project (200 characters approximately)
- Stage of the project
- Series of 15 to 30 representative project images (JPG, RGB, 1280 one of the edges, 72 ppi)
ABOUT THE SOCIAL INTERVENTION PROJECT
- Presentation of the group of choice for the prize
- Presentation of the project (name, place of development and other entities that collaborate with the project)
- Paragraph with a definition of the project (200 characters approximately)
- Aims and expected results.
- Project execution (schedule).
- Evaluation and control plan of the project.
- Financial viability of the project.
- Financial appreciation plan of the project.
ABOUT THE ENTITY THAT WILL MANAGE THE PRIZE
- Details about the entity (association, NGO, foundation, cooperative, group…) that is going to manage the prize money.
- Entity description (foundation year, activity year, objectives and values)
- Main projects made by the entity during 2012.
- Professional resources and social basis of the entity.
- Entity funding (balance of income and expenses during 2012)
- Name, address, phone number and email address of the person managing the project.
- Any other relevant documentation.
7. Date and time for the submission of the dossiers
The deadline for the submission of the dossiers is on Monday, 18th March 2013 at 23:59 (GMT +1)
8. Evaluation criteria
The photographic projects and the social intervention projects will be evaluated and weighted independently. From the portfolio, the jury will take into account aspects like technique, message, narrative and postproduction. From the social projects, the jury will take into account aspects like relevance and sustainability.
Both the report and the project will require a minimum of points to be able to get the prize. The project with the highest number of points wins.
9. Selection committee
The selection committee will be formed by international renowned professionals from the world of photography, journalism and social intervention.
The jury will be formed by international renowned professionals from the world of photography, journalism and social intervention.
11. Announcement of results
The decision will be published on Saturday 25th May 2013, after 9 pm (GMT +1)
12. Winner projects
The jury will give three prizes between the selected projects. 50,000 € will be distributed between the three winning social intervention projects. The three winning portfolios will be showcased together at the Cava del Espai Fotografic Can Baste room over 2014. The production cost will be covered by the competition organization.
Participation in this competition means acceptance of the rules. The organization reserves the right to resolve any situation that is not covered in the rules in the most convenient way. The right to use the images from the competition is for exclusive use at the presentation and promotion of the author and the competition REVELA. International Photography Award for the Social Rights Holders.